Wednesday 17 February 2016

The Cruelty Man

If you've been checking out Mark Thirlwell's music blog you'll have heard a short piece he recorded a little while back called "The Cruelty Man". I think it's a splendid piece of music and so I decided to have a go at reworking it. That's probably completely wrong-headed - since I think it's already excellent, what exactly am I attempting to add?



Fair point, and because of that I haven't really added much at all. I've slightly re-ordered it and added my melodica and a recording of some geese at Swanswell park. I might try to add a little more, but I'm scared of ruining it by smothering it in cheesy effects in a misguided attempt to justify my intervention.

Anyway, the result so far is here, and, the above doubts notwithstanding, I'm pretty pleased with it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Philip, the melodica works really well, further adds to it's languid feel, as do the swans and fractured slightly stuttering guitar chops. Feel free to add anything when you have the time, look forward as always to your own stuff too.
    Thank you again

    ReplyDelete