Saturday 6 February 2016

Progress Report

I've been working on what is something like the fourth version of A Message From The Bourgeoisie, and it's gotten a bit out of hand. As always, it's far from finished. In fact (a) I'm starting to get a bit fuzzy about how a recording can ever be called "finished" these days - the concept is losing all meaning for me; and (b) the more I work on the track the more work I create for myself in terms of polishing and tweaking what I've just done (and then polishing the polish, and so on ad inf).



Lots of violin in the first two sections. I'm really enjoying learning to play the thing; it's such a delicate, graceful instrument. Who'd have thought it could produce the horrible sounds I manage to wrench from it?

2 comments:

  1. Again I really like this Philip, incredibly well produced as ever. Violin and Clarinet sounding good too. How are you finding the interface?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interface is excellent - it overcomes lag and glitching. Very pleased with it. I've also moved everything over to an external hard-drive which helps things run smoothly.

    ReplyDelete